While staying in Northern Corsica, are you looking for the most beautiful landscapes to discover? Between heavenly beaches, remarkable architecture and historical sites, Corsica continues to seduce you. But to start, here is a selection of the 3 most beautiful villages in Northern Corsica. On the program: Cap Corse, Île Rousse and Patrimonio. Discover them through one of the loops or routes offered from Saint-Florent.
Cap Corse: the most beautiful wild landscape of Northern Corsica
Cap Corse is a peninsula located at the northern tip of the island of Corsica . Particularly renowned for its wild and preserved landscape, Cap Corse is a popular destination for nature lovers and travelers in search of authenticity. Very close by is Saint-Florent, a small village ideally located where you can go to Corsica for the first time and discover the Cape. To guide you during this excursion, we offer you a tailor-made tour to discover the most beautiful landscapes of Northern Corsica.
Cap Corse route – 4h 15m loop starting from Saint-Florent:
- Village of Nonza : Nonza is a small Corsican village perched on a steep cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Famous for its black pebble beach , which contrasts sharply with the surrounding heavenly ones, Nonza offers spectacular and breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
- Village of Cannelle: Cannelle is undoubtedly one of the smallest villages in Corsica . However, its cobbled streets and its numerous arches catch the eye. Located at almost 400 meters above sea level, the village offers a beautiful view of the Gulf of Sagone and Liscia beach .
- Port of Centuri : At the tip of Cap Corse is Centuri, a small village of 200 inhabitants which seduces with its port charm and its pastel-colored houses. Take advantage of this visit to go to the foot of one of the village's three famous mills.
- Tamarone beach : renowned for being one of the most beautiful beaches of Cap Corse , Tamarone beach contains nearly 500 meters of sand in a wild and preserved setting. You will find some lesser-known coves there, but very often covered with posidonia.
- Macinaggio Beach : located next to the port, Macinaggio Beach invites you to practice non-motorized water sports . The ideal place if you are looking to get your fill of sensations.
- Bastia : it is its aged and colorful facades, its charming squares, its narrow streets and its historic citadel which give Bastia an Italian feel.
Réservez votre séjour
Come and discover Saint Florent in Corsica
Most beautiful Mediterranean landscape: discovery of Île Rousse and Calvi
The Balagne region contains many treasures: Ile Rousse and Calvi are no exception. Between small seaside resorts and architectural marvels, it would be unthinkable not to add “ the garden of Corsica ” to your road trip through Northern Corsica . And so as not to miss anything, here is an idea for an itinerary to reach the two cities from Saint-Florent.
Île Rousse and Calvi itinerary – 4-hour loop departing from Saint Florent:
- Agriates Desert: The landscapes of Agriates are among the most beautiful, ranging from arid hills covered in Corsican scrub to pristine white sand beaches. Here you can enjoy the most beautiful beaches of Corsica , such as Saleccia and Lodu .
- L'Île Rousse : the old port of L'Île-Rousse is the historic heart of the city. There you will find cafes, restaurants, artisan shops, all in a lively atmosphere. Don't forget to take a detour through its covered market before heading to the island's emblematic lighthouse.
- Visit Calvi : Calvi seduces tourists with the charm of a city center steeped in history. After strolling through the narrow streets and discovering its picturesque architecture, head to the Citadel to enjoy a magnificent sunset.
- Revellata lighthouse : located on a rocky promontory overlooking the town, the Revellata lighthouse is a true historical landmark in the history of Calvi. Dating from the 17th century, it is now possible to climb to its summit for a panoramic view of the north coast .
Patrimonio: the most beautiful wine-growing landscape of Northern Corsica
Located at the root of Cap Corse , the village of Patrimonio benefits from a geographical location particularly favorable to AOC wine agriculture . Go and discover the estates and enjoy the most beautiful Corsican wine landscapes . For this, we have put together a tailor-made itinerary for you, taking the city center of Saint-Florent as your starting and ending point, a charming village where you can find a family apartment.
Patrimonio route – 3 hour loop from Saint-Florent:
- Visit to Patrimonio : spread across the lower part of Nebbio , the village of Patrimonio benefits from a particular location between the seafront and high mountains. In the heart of its city center, you can admire the baroque Saint-Martin Church , classified as a historic monument.
- Discovery of the vineyards: during your visit, you will have the opportunity to explore the vineyards which stretch as far as the eye can see. You can taste renowned local wines , in particular the famous AOC Patrimonio wine , while admiring the vineyard landscapes under the Corsican sun.
- Visit to Erbalunga : Erbalunga will seduce you with the atmosphere and preserved architecture of this Mediterranean village . Stroll through the narrow streets lined with stone houses, explore the port where colorful fishing boats gently rock, and visit the Genoese tower that overlooks the village to enjoy panoramic views of the sea.
- Pietracorbara Village : Pietracorbara is surrounded by lush nature , unspoilt beaches and hiking trails , making it an ideal place for nature lovers. Enjoy the tranquility of this village and its surroundings while exploring a wilder aspect of Corsican beauty.
- Santa-Maria-di-Lota: on the way back, take the opportunity to make a stopover in this village of the ancient pieve of Lota. Make a stop at the Marine de Miomo to discover its chapel, its protected beach or even its waterfall. Continue with the hamlet of Mandriale in which there is an old Genoese tower transformed into a dwelling as well as an old chapel. Finally, let yourself be seduced by the hamlet of Figarella and its “American” houses.